Part of Speech: ¹noun
- the quality or feeling of being grateful or thankful.²
He expressed his gratitude to everyone on the staff.³
Part of Speech: noun
- a relaxing of tension, especially between nations, as by negotiations or agreements.
¹Détente presupposes that the two powers will continue to disagree but seeks to reduce the occasions of conflict.
Part of Speech: Not sure but pansexual should be an adjective because it describes a particular quality of a word.
- ²is sexual attraction, sexual desire, romantic love, or emotional attraction toward people of any sex or gender identity.
- ³The Oxford Dictionary of English definition is quoted as stating ‘not limited or inhibited in sexual choice with regard to gender or activity.’
Kate’s parents are upset with her because she is pansexual.
Part of Speech: verb
- archaic variant of choose¹
“The House of Representatives shall chuse their Speaker and other Officers; and shall have the sole Power of Impeachment.”²
²The Constitution of the United States of America
Part of Speech: ²adjective
- Not fair; not conforming to approved standards, as of justice, honesty, or ethics: an unfair law; an unfair wage policy.
- disproportionate; undue; beyond what is proper or fitting: an unfair share.²
The unfair actions of others made Nathan question Gods love for him.
²Dictionary.com. <http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/unfair, http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/adjective>